DTB: Vol 26, No 1
Valproic acid and pregnancy. A problema for reflection
- When were the risks associated with taking valproic acid during pregnancy known? What is the magnitude of its effects?
- How many children could have suffered its effects?
- What initiatives have been launched to minimize exposure of pregnant women to valproic acid?
- How can this have happened if information about valproate’s negative effects has been available for a long time?
- What can we do to prevent more children being exposed to valproic acid?